Wednesday 3 October 2012

To the Airport


Me & Mary & Tony

This one goes to my international friends :)

So last Friday we went to Halifax Stanfield International Airport for a project meeting. This project is part of our Statistics for Managers course. We actually got to talk to the finance director of the airport about different statistical analyses they might want. Our contact to the Airport was Mary who had done some projects with HSIA before. So she was pretty comfortable and professional in the situation talking to this Mrs. Finance Director. Me and Tony (my other colleague) had only minor part in that conversation: nodding our heads, looking smart (and casual) and making notes. But still it was cool to be in a new situation like that. After the meeting we talked to our professor at Saint Mary´s, Dr. Lee who accepted our ideas about the project. So we are on a mission! Next time at the airport they will probably show us around and we will attack the data they might have. Cool stuff!



Finally showing my true colors, except for the shoes.
What else? Oh yes, the Point Pleasant Park. Near to our school is this beautiful park with waterfront of Atlantic Ocean right there. That is just amazing. It only takes a ten minute walk to get there. You can meet all kinds of people there: joggers, hikers, mountain bikers (and not so cool bikers ;), and so on... I have met people talking business there, other guys playing soccer and some photographers chasing the perfect picture. Place is so green and nice and relaxing. Once in a while I just need fresh air and get to the park to take my thoughts away from school stuff. And yes, besides studying business, I just need my "forest experience". Have a guess where I used to work before the exchange;)


Ok, that´s about it for now. I´ll write more next week. Stay in shape, keep in touch!






No comments:

Post a Comment